Thursday, December 3, 2009

Backseat conversation

While I heard the kids talking this morning on the way to school, I wasn't paying attention to the conversation.  Until I was brought into it....
Suddenly Emily says, "Right Momma"?
Ummm, right what, I ask.
"The moon, it only fills up once a year, right?  Cause I remember you saying that one time".
Huh?
"You said the moon only gets full once a year"!
Oh, well actually, we have a full moon once a month kiddo.
"Oh, yeah, that's right...once a month, Bubba"! 
I thought the way she was thinking was cute, but wondered what had led them to such a conversation.  We had clouds last night so there was no moon to view.  On my way back home after dropping them off, I realized what had brought about the moon talk....it was still very big, even in the daylight sky!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin