Sunday, December 16, 2007

An up and down Friday

UP.......I got an email from Wyatt's teacher bright and early Friday morning with a subject line that simply said "YAY!!". Hmmm, wondered what she seemed so excited about even before school started? Wyatt made it into the 1st grade spelling bee!! That's pretty cool, we are excited too. He came home with list of words he can study over the holidays. Of course he thinks he's so smart that he already knows "most" of those words! Yep, he's a little on the (over) confident side! The spelling bee will be soon after they go back to school.

DOWN.....I finally gave up fighting Emily's cold symptoms with over the counter meds. I was able to get her into the doc on Friday morning. She has more than just a cold/cough.....he listened to her chest and back for a while because she is wheezing! He checked her out really well and sent us home with a breathing machine. So we have given her breathing treatments all weekend. After 24 hours we could tell a significant decrease in her coughing and she had a MUCH better night last night then she has had in a while! I could just kick myself......after going through asthma with Sara, I feel like I should have caught this much sooner! Of course, different kid = different treatment. I never had to do the breathing machine with Sara....but then she didn't have a lot of wheezing. She had more of the cough which made if hard for her breathing or to take a breath. She was on oral meds till the doc felt she was old enough for an inhaler. Thankfully, that is as far as Sara went. The doc always told me he felt like she would outgrow it. For the most part, I think she has. I guess only time will tell with Emily.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin