Sunday, February 1, 2009

Getting ready for spring--clean up

Yes, I realize it is early...but I can't help myself when I see my spring bulbs coming up! This is Texas after all. We are having spring like weather today so what better time to get outdoors, enjoy the weather and get some work done. I pulled a bunch of stuff out of my flower beds that was left from last summer...yes, it has been dead and brown for some time now! I have daffodils and hyacinths that have been up for more than a week...can't wait to see those blooms. My rose bush also has several new shoots coming on. January is over....it had it's chance to snow, it didn't now I'm ready for warmer temps! Of course I'm not naive enough to think that we have seen the last of winter. So we loaded up our wood pile again...preparing for another fire at a moments notice.
The kids enjoyed their time outdoors too. They rode bikes, shot baskets and made sure the swings still worked....they do! OK, so they do all those things year around here....but it's more fun in the spring.
Now we are preparing to watch the BIG GAME!!! We have a divided house though. The boy is sucking up...I mean siding with Momma. Jeff and Emily are cheering for the Cardinals...mostly because they are the underdogs, I think. Honestly, if it weren't for the Steelers playing, I would be with Jeff and Em. But since I have been a Steelers fan for as long as I can remember...GO STEELERS!!!
Whatever you happen to be doing on this first day of February, I hope it is a great day for y'all too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have "Bulb Envy"!
You and a friend in Georgia both have bulb shoots above ground. I'm in Louisiana. I should have bulb shoots too. Boo Hoo! I just checked, and still nothing sprouting. However, my Hydrangea bushes are covered with buds, which comforts me a bit...Some of the older trees in are area are in bloom. I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin